





It all started in April of 2007 when Nick was helping out with Special Olympics Basketball. Just so happens my little brother Ricky was playing on this very same team. I was informed by my parents that I needed to come watch Ricky play the following Monday night because there was a very cute guy that was helping out. So the very next Monday I went to the practice and who did I see ....yup Nick. My mom was right he was very cute. But the only problem was that I thought knowing my luck he had to be 18!!!! and I was 23 at the time. So I decided to not flirt with him and just help out with the basketball team. During this time my whole family knew I thought Nick was cute. SO my mom decided to be sneaky and see how old Nick was. She found out he was also 23!!! Now what do I do?? Well I decided to email him on Myspace and tell him how much I appreciated him helping out with the Special Olympics and being so good to the participants. Well he then emailed me back and a little bit of flirting happened. We tried for the next month or so to go out , but just so happened that we could not find time, due to the Bear hunting season. Finally on Tuesday June 5th Nick said that he could come hang out with me for a few hours before he went to work with Martin his Special Olympics participant. So that was the night it all happened. From then on out we saw each other almost every Tuesday night and spoke on the phone tons.Our first date, not at my house or at the Special Olympics Basketball practices was on 07/25/07...a trip to Wendell.... to go fishing and meet his Family. The first time I met Nick's mom Renee I was asked to unplug a blow up toy that her granddaughter Kirra had been playing with the week before. Little did I know because I was so nervous that part of the toy was filled with water. So in the middle of Renee's kitchen I unplugged the wrong part of the toy and spilled water all down the front of me and all over the kitchen floor. Luckily we all laughed !!!!! and it was an easy ice breaker! That night Nick took me fishing in a little remote area surrounded by rocks, ponds of water and pretty flowers. Somehow he must have asked the fish to stay in that little area because I caught tons!!! I realized after that date that there was something special about Nick.....because before that I could not catch a fish to save my life and that night he helped me catch tons.
Within the next few months I realized that Nick loved to hunt. I had never gone before, but decided that I was going to try. Nick told me that he had never taken a girl big game hunting so this October would be a new adventure for both of us. On 10/13/09 after 12 hours I got my very first deer!!! It was a long day in the Lavas in Carey Idaho, but it was well worth it. I also got to meet two important people in Nick and now our lives, Nicks grandparents.
We did not see each other too much after that due to our schedules and some other lingering subjects. But after not seeing each other awhile we bumped into each other downtown when I was going to a Christmas party and he was headed to a Hockey game. We were supposed to go to the Christmas party together, but plans fell through awhile before. Nick had no idea where the party was and here we were bumping into each other right in front of it. We both said it felt like Fate and from then on out we decided to try harder to stay in contact.
Nick asked me that Christmas to come visit him in Wendell and meet his sister Amber, brother in law Scott and neice Kirra and nephew Kade. Who would have known that i would be meeting my future family on 12/27/07, but I am so glad I did because they are an awesome addition to my family now and I could not imagine it without them.
In January we went on an Elk sleigh Ride in Donnelly Idaho. It was so thoughtful because Nick knew I had never seen Elk. We had so much fun. Then on 02/06/08 I had surgery and Nick came over and took care of me. That day he asked me to be his girlfriend and told me he loved me. From there we became hunting partners as well as boyfriend and girlfriend. We went turkey hunting 04/17/09 and I got a 9 inch bearded turkey !!!! The biggest of all Nicks friends. Then we had a party with Kirra, Kade, Amber, Renee and Brett in June 2008 for my birthday!!! We had a fun filled week with Nick's family-which should happen way more but they live far away :( We then spent a week in Brownlee with Nicks dad Don and his brother Brett. Another week of catching lots of fish. Then we went Antelope hunting in August of 2008 and Elk hunting in September of 2008. on 09/11/08 I got a 4 point Bull Elk with my bow, with the help of Nick calling for me.
In November Nick went hunting with my parents and little did I know, but he had asked them for my hand in marriage!!!! Lucky for us they told him he could have it. On 12/19/08 Nick took me for a surprise for Christmas. He took me on a train ride through HorseshoeBend. Nick and I talked about going on a train ride someday because we both had not been on a train before. When we got there the train was decorated in Christmas lights and ribbons. In the middle of our ride Nick brought hot chocolate over and asked me to come outside to the outdoor part of the train. He sat me down, put a blanket around me and told me how much he loved me. He then got down on his knees and asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES!!!!!!!!!!! And that is where the beginning our story started ..........and a new chapter began on June 12, 2009 at Barber Park where we became Mr and Mrs Nick and Jessica Fowler!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment